Hiking 8.14.11


This is the boys' idea of hiking...run, race, play; Mom, Kim, and I tried to keep up, but dang those boys are fast.

My attempts at taking our picture...not the greatest of me, but Kim and Mom look great!

Once we reached our destination, Logan decided to chill on this rock.  Luckily, he wore his water shoes, so a little dipping in the lake was A.O.K!  :o)

Grandma with her grandsons.  Logan just wanted to go play, but he was very patient with all our photograph requests.  This one turned out fairly well.

When Mom told us that she had a picture of Kim and I on this same rock when we were little, we couldn't resist taking an updated version of it; this time with our own boys of course!
The first day of our vacation we began our day with a hike.  The weather was perfect and the hike was beautiful.  {Once we finally got there...no judgement Mom.}  Logan, Shane, and I really ran the hike, but it was still relaxing and fun.  At the end of the hike, there was a beautiful lake and for being summer, I was surprised by the lack of people.  It was nice to practically have the whole place to ourselves.  It was a great way to begin our summer getaway.

No comments: