1st Day of Kindergarten 8.31.11


 Karen gave me this great idea...one side of the slate has his year in school and the other has his name written by him!  Love this idea!

Logan's school mascot is the cougar!
Such a big boy getting on the bus...I don't know if I've ever been so worried...I had heard other parents tell stories of kids getting on the wrong bus and/or not getting dropped off at the right place...so for his first day, I pretty much stalked his bus.  But of course, it was all good and he had a blast!

All the daycare kids getting off the bus...I think those little smiles say it all!  It looks like the first day went off without a hitch!  Now, if only they're looking this happy on day 67 or 180??!?!  :o)

Logan was so excited for his first day, and while I was kind of hoping he would be put in the AM kindergarten class, the plus side of being in PM was no getting up early.  :o)  So, after a relaxing morning and early afternoon at home, we had a good lunch and then  it was off to school.  For his first day, I dropped him off, but I really wanted him to take the bus back to daycare because he was going to have to do this everyday and I wanted him to know his routine.  And as nervous as I was, I really wanted to see for myself how his whole thing was going to work.  And Logan did great.  He seemed a little nervouse as his teacher walked him out to his bus afterschool, but I'm telling you, they've got their system down pat!  And Logan had a great day learning names and some of the procedures of school.  I'm so proud of my little guy!

No comments: