Zoo and Aquarium 8.11.10

I do love the elephants.
There were 9 week old tiger cubs. So cute!

Kim and Shane on their camel...it was so cool, although I couldn't imagine that being my everyday mode of transportation. :o)

The boys in a replica of a Great White jaw.

Their were all these great costumes to play with; the kids had a ball.


On our summer to do list was to head to The Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium. I had heard about this place for years, but had never been. So, Kim, Shane, Logan, Mom, and I loaded up and headed down. The drive wasn't bad at all, but then we couldn't find a place to park for the life of us. It really was a small parking lot when you consider how big the place is. It was only later that we found out that the park was free that day to everyone who lived in the county. Yikes!!! Once we heard that, I feared we were in for a very crowded day, but it wasn't really that bad {once we found, er, made a parking space}. I have to say, overall it was a great place. The animals were so accessible and they had camel rides {another item checked off my bucket list}. They also had a great play area for the kids. And of course, we all walked out of there with some great souviners. I have to say, I think the highlight of the day was seeing the massive walrus. And he was just a ham, swimming right up to the glass and giving us all a good show!! What a fun animal adventure we had. Life is good.

No comments: