Relay for Life 5.21.10

Mom and Tina
Me and Tina

Mom, Jolene, Craig, Karen and Brett on the "Funny Hat" lap.


The Survivors!



For the third year in a row, I had the joy of participating in our local Relay for Life walk. After raising money with our Cow Pie Drop, I was very excited to actually do some walking. And this year I was determined to keep track of how far I'd walked. So, once the great opening ceremonies were completed and the survivors lap (which always gets me) was accomplished, Mom and I head out. Because it's a local event, we were able to see so many old friends and catch up along the way. Mom made luminaria bags for Papa and a friend of theirs that had recently passed away from cancer. This year the theme was "Celebrate more Birthdays" and it was so hopeful and encouraging. Every year I am reminded how important it is to fight this deadly disease. The event was very successful. Kim and Shaneo showed up later in the evening so we all walked together for a couple hours. Karen, Craig, Brett, and Jolene were also there so it was fun to walk with them as well. By the end of the evening, I had walked 7 miles. I can't wait to do it again next year. Life is good.

No comments: