Treasure Hunt 10.27.09

The boys digging for treasure with the help of Pirate Papa Bill.
Eureka!!!

Check out the loot!
Once we were finished, it was inside for hot chocolate and ...

...story time from Grandma JoJo! Thanks friends.


Sometimes, if you're lucky, and I mean really lucky, you are blessed with friends that take your breath away with their kindness, generosity, and love. I have been lucky enough to experience this blessing for the past, ummm, 30 years. :-) Karen (who as you know appears quite frequently in these postings) wanted to do something fun to celebrate Logan's 4th birthday while still keeping with the pirate theme that I had established. So, what did she do? She put on a freakin' awesome treasure hunt for our boys, complete with an authentic looking orginial treasure map, gold treasure chests filled with treasure (aka dollar store crap :-)), shovels for digging, and parents (her parents) that got into it just as much as we did. What can I say, I think we had just as much fun as the boys. I can't thank you enough Karen for helping to make this birthday for Logan unforgettable. Life is so good!

No comments: