Birthday Lunch 2.2.13

Karen got ahold of me a couple weeks ago and asked if I could leave February 2nd open for some birthday fun.  Of course, I was more than happy to oblige her.  I didn't know what she had in store for me, but I was given the instructions to dress nice and plan for a couple of hours.  {I love a good surprise!}  Anywho, I got to her home and she asked me if I had a guess.  Well, there's a fabulous local italian restuarant and I was hoping that maybe we were headed there for a little cooking demonstration...and we were!!!!  It was such a fun afternoon.  Only about 11 of us there and the chef was awesome and hilarious.  We had some lovely wine and so die for food.  It was a wonderful afternoon.  Thanks so much Karen!

 Ladies who lunch!
 We began with fresh baked focaccia bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Delish.
 Next up was linguine with clams...yum!
 Our third course was duck breast with cherry-syrah sauce.  This was my first time having duck and I LOVED it!!  Melt in your mouth delicious!
 And last, but certainly not least, a lemon tart for dessert.  Perfection!
It was so delicious.  I'd like to become a regular!!!  Got that Karen!  :o)

No comments: