Relay for Life 5.21.11

Shane and Logan

The survivors lap

Brett, Karen, Mom, and Kim


Logan and Me



Shane, Logan, and Craig showing off their beads...everyone got a bead for every lap they walked and the boys were very proud of their accomplishments!




Once again, I was thrilled to be able to add my support to the Relay for Life event in my community. I have walked for the past few years, unfortunately, the timing never had worked out to be able to have Logan there...until this year! Woohoo! I was so excited for my little guy to be able to participate in this awe inspiring event and while I realize that much of the information was a bit over his head still, we did talk a lot about how we were there to support and help people who are/were sick. And what a great trooper he turned out to be. In fact, had we not had to go meet his dad, I think he would've stayed for quite awhile. Every year I am reminded how important it is to find a cure for cancer and it's events like these with all the work and heart that people put into them, that I walk away filled with such hope that that is a possibility within our grasp. Until then.....well, we'll keep walking baby!

No comments: