Flag, Food, and Fireworks 7.3.11













Another tradition that I try to accomplish every year is a picture of Logan and I in front of the flag. These have been some of my favorite pictures in the past so I made sure to get another one this year. I also got one of Craig and Logan in front of the flag as well. Another aspect of our 4th of July celebrations that never fails to disappoint, is the food! This year we did hot dogs for lunch and crab and caeasar salad for dinner...YUM!!!! So delicious! Usually after dinner is around the time that Logan and I pack up and head home, however, this year we decided to stay for fireworks...out on the island they set off their community fireworks on the 3rd of July every year so it never makes sense to stay late on the 4th since there are no BIG fireworks. So, we bundled up {not enough as it ended up being mighty chilly} and headed to a local golf course for the best view! {I forgive you Jolene for getting us lost! ;o)} And while it took awhile for them to actually start, and we had some hooligans next to us, the fireworks themselves were amazing! So beautiful! It was a fantastic day. Thanks so much to Bill and Jolene and everyone who makes this day so special and includes us in it! We are so blessed! Life is ever so great!

No comments: