Book Club 2.18.11



Most of the books we've read so far!



A little over 2 years ago, my mom, sister and I decided to start our very own little book club. I was thrilled to begin this journey as I'm often drawn to the same types of books and love being introduced to new reads. Also I think that being involved in a book club allows me to take the time to read. It seems like more often than not, it's easy to get wrapped up in all the stuff that our day to day lives demand of us and not allow ourselves moments to pause. There's always going to be dishes to wash, laundry to put away, and toys to pick up, but our book club has allowed me to let myself put that on hold every now and then to get my book read. Because honestly if it was just me, if I wasn't accountable to anyone else, it would be so much easier to put reading last. And really I enjoy it too much to do that and that's not the example I want to set for my little guy. At this stage he loves books and I want to do my best to show him that the love of books is something that can last a lifetime. Thanks Mom and Kim for opening my eyes to some new and old great reads! Life is good with a book in hand.

No comments: