A Rookie Mistake 8.30.09

Ugh! I'm so annoyed with myself right now I can hardly stand it! I made a rookie mistake and I've been at this mothering thing for almost 4 years now. Grrrr...so here's the story of the mistake in all it's glory. Last night we had some friends over (see previous post), and while it was very, very fun Logan didn't end up getting to bed until about 10:30. This is quite late for him, so I was thinking, hoping, wishing, praying, that we might have a late morning. Oh Amy, sometimes you really are a blithering idiot! Sure enough, at 6:08 this morning standing next to my bed, is my little ray of sunshine telling me, "Mama, it's mormen time. You pwobabey wake up now." After unsuccessfully convincing him that actually, no Mama should probably not wake up now, we started our day. So, I'm thinking with so little sleep, it's gonna be a very, very good nap day. Again, idiot! After lunch Logan sits on the couch to watch a little show before nap time. As I get some laundry done real quick, I come in from the garage and this is how I find my son....


He only could have been out for like 5 minutes since he was awake on my way to the garage. So, I'm thinking sweet, sweet peace and what do I do? (Here's where the rookie mistake comes in.) I MOVE HIM!?!?!?!?!? What the hell was I thinking??? As I transport him to his room, he groggily lifts his his head up, looks around, smiles at me, and says, "It's nigh night time?" So, I say, "Yes honey, it's nappers time." And proceed to lay him on his bed. Do my mistakes end there? Oh no, that would too easy. He then asks for a story. A smart woman would have said no. IDIOT!!! I oblige, which gives him just enough time and energy to get really alert to hear the story. So, after the tiger tells his tall tales, Logan is rearing to go. So I gently remind him, "No, no honey it's nappers." Quick kiss and I'm outta there. As I'm just getting into a really good episode of House, out walks my wide awake son. "Mama, I have to go pee-pee." "Okay, honey, go ahead." Pants off, underwear off, pee, move the stool, hands washed "Me do it myself", hands dried, underwear on "You do it Mama", pants on. "Mama? I sit wiff you a couple minutes?" "No Logan it's nappers time." Quick kiss, back in bed. Back to House. Ten minutes later, out waddles my big blue eyed darling. "Mama, I need go poo poo and den I get a specwell pwize?" "Logan that's fine, go poo poo sweetie, but no special prizes." "Wet's just check." "No honey, go poo poo." Pants off, underwear off, poop happens, "Mama, I all done." The bum gets wiped, "Now I get a specwell pwize?" "No honey." Hands get washed, hands get dried. "Mama? Wet's just check weal quick for a specwell pwize?" (Internally...AHHHHHHHH!) Externally, "Okay, honey, but I promise, we don't have any special prizes. They're all gone." So we check and there's nothing. So it's back to bed. Quick kiss, back to House. 3 minutes later, out runs a very awake Logan. "Mama, jus west for a couple minutes and den get up?" As I'm walking him back to his room, "Yes honey, just close your eyes for a little bit and then you can get up and then we'll go get you a cookie and Mommy the tallest vanilla latte they make! Okay, sweetie!" "Okay, wright Mama, jus a wittle west." I blissfully stumble back to House where I'm hoping to make it through the next 35 minutes of the show...I gotta find out if Chase kills his patient....needless to say I'll have to get back to you on that. It is now an hour after I initially found him asleep and this is what he's up to.


I definitely lost the battle today! So, now I'm loading up the boys and we are headed to Starbucks. If I'm gonna make it until this evening, it's a venti beverage for me! Wish me luck. Life is ever so good even when you make rookie mistakes!!!!!




No comments: