The Hottest Day of the Year 7.29.09




In my little corner of the world, we rarely see temps higher than the 80's, which is just fine by me. I have never been a fan of hot weather...give me overcast and 65 degrees any day. :-) So, on this, the hottest day of the year with no ac and three fans going, I made it until around 3:30 in the afternoon. Then when poor little Logan couldn't get cool enough to nap, and Norman was panting to the point of hyperventilation and the thermometer in our house read 96 degrees inside, I decided to take action. I loaded up the boys into the Highlander, blasted the AC, and headed to Dairy Queen for a cool treat. Well, we made it about 10 minutes down the road and Logan was out like a light....Norm was too! So, I got myself a Venti cold beverage from sweet, sweet Starbucks and decided to drive until they woke up. Sure I used a lot of gas, but man were we cool. I drove around a local island and just as I was headed back to the mainland, Logan woke up (this was after 2 hours God bless him) and the first thing out of his mouth was, "Ice cream?" I guess he remembered where we were headed before he crashed. :-) So, it was a quick stop for some ice cream and then down to Mom and Dad's where they get a nice breeze and it's about 5 degree's cooler. It ended up being one of those great impromtu evenings where the whole family ended up being together for dinner and visiting. When we finally got home that night, at 10pm, our house was only down to 92. I can't imagine how hot it must of got in there at the 5 o'clock hour when it's the worst. Seriously, not to be ungrateful...bring on the rain. Life is still good even when we're melting. :-)

No comments: