Christmas Eve Part I 12.24.10

Logan
Reise

Heidi, Cheryl, and Marvin

Cheryl

Emily


It's Christmas Eve, so it's off to Mick and Cheryl's. Every year they host our whole gang (there were 30 of us this year), and what a marvelous job they do. Great food, great company, and a great evening. I always have a great time on Christmas Eve, but there was something just right about the night this year. It just felt like everyone was at their best. There was a lot of laughter, very few tears, and so much visiting...perfect. Logan especially got a good laugh out of Brandi's husband, when he told Logan that his name was Kelly and Logan goes, "But dat's a girl's name." I loved it especially because Kelly had been ribbing me all night. Way to go Logan!! The kids got some very nice gifts and the adult exchange was a roaring success, although Marvin and Mick really got the short end of the stick. I think almost every gift they chose got stolen from them at some point or another. It was a fabulous evening and I left feeling just plain happy. Thanks to everyone for such a fun night. As we left, Logan (falling asleep in the back of the car) says, "Mom, wet's go to Mick and Cheryl's all da time. It's fun there." I couldn't have said it better myself buddy. Life is good.

No comments: