The Cabin 1.18.10

"The Cabin" which I swear is more like a house. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, livingroom, kitchen, dining area, laundyroom...good times. :-)
Poor Norm...he had SO much fun out in the snow, but ended up cutting up his paws pretty bad because the snow was so hard, like ice, that he had to wear Logan's socks in the house. But I just couldn't not let him play outside.

Don't those rosy cheecks say it all?


This is where we had lunch one day....delicious!!!!

Mike sledding. On a side note, it was so great to get some time to hang with my brother. We don't see each other nearly enough and when we do it's usually with the whole family. And he was so fantastic helping with Logan and Norman...they couldn't ask for a better uncle. Thanks again Mike. I hope you had as much fun as we did. Same time next year??? :-)


So, in keeping with the theme we had going this summer (staycations=where you stay close to home for vacations and make the most out of the awesome area where you live on account of not having piles of money to spend), I decided to pack up Logan, Norman, and my brother and head a few hours out of town for a winter staycation. I had a long weekend due to the MLK holiday and my aunt and uncle own a beautiful "cabin" just a few hours from home. They were nice enough to let us stay there for a few days (thanks Mick and Cheryl) and since I really don't like to drive in the snow and wasn't keen on being alone with the boys in the wilderness, my brother volunteered to go with us. (Heck he even drove over. And as it turns out I totally could have done it. It was the perfect winter conditions as far as I'm concerned....plenty of snow on the ground with clear roads. But thanks anyway Mike!) Anyway, we had such a terrific time. And we picked the perfect year to go, since we saw basically only a tiny little dusting on our side of the mountains back home. We went sledding, made snow angels, had snowball fights, trekked around the area the cabin resides in and spent part of a day in a quaint little town not far from the cabin. The three days went way too fast and I'm eager to get back again. I think another trip in the summer this time is definitely called for. Life is good.

No comments: