Preschool Orientation 9.3.09

Logan approximately 1.2 minutes after having arrived.
How cute it that?

Get out!!!! I'm in love.

Logan's reaction to having to leave school...I'm taking that as a good sign.


Preschool.


Today I missed a very important meeting (determining whether or not my district was going on strike or not) to take my *gulp* almost 4 year old to preschool orientation. Oh. My. God. I fell in love on site. First of all, his preschool is in a local Lutheran church that we are familiar with and it's about 2 minutes (not exaggerating here people) from his daycare. His teacher was at the door to greet us with big smiles and open arms. After our introductions, she lead us to his classroom, where *gasp* he had a cubby with his name on it!!!!!! Seriously, parenting heaven here! He also had a spot at the table with his name, and a spot on the rug with his name. Posters around the room labeling colors and numbers, and all sorts of educational goodies that are long gone by the time the kids get to me at the high school level. More importantly, Logan was immediately at home. No fear. No hesitation. He just went right for the toys and played quietly while I got to know his teacher. I think I'm her favorite! ;-) It probably didn't hurt that Starbucks had screwed up my order before we got there and I ended up with an extra pumpkin spice latte which I proceeded to bestow upon Mrs. V. (HEY! You may call it sucking up, but as a fellow teacher, I certainly wouldn't mind more parents "sucking up"!) :-) Anyway, Logan was actually so enamored with school, that he had a bit of a break down when it was time to go. Thank goodness I was able to convince him that he would be back the following week. Life is so good.

No comments: