The Tulip Festival 4.22.11

Now that's what I call face painting!
The boys were so good about posing for pictures for all of us. I love this one with the kites in the background.

Me and my guy.


Kim and Shaneo.


I really like this one of Grandma and Logan as well.



After an awesome morning at Kindergarten Roundup, Logan and I returned home for some lunch and a little rest, then it was off to the Tulip Festival to meet Grandma, Auntie Kim, and Shaneo. Talk about a perfect spring Friday! With all the rain we've been getting, I was nervous that our sweet little tulips were going to stay in hiding forever, but as you can see, they bloomed and they bloomed well!!! It was a little windy, but that just made for some great kite action. The tulips were beautiful as always and the fields weren't too crowded. I can't imagine ever getting tired of this lovely local affair. The colors are simply breathtaking. I am determined to plant some tulips this year in our flowerbeds. {However, I have said that for the past two years...} After we were done exploring the fields, Logan got his face painted and then we all headed out for a nice dinner together. It was fantastic! Life is good.

No comments: