Dying Easter Eggs 4.17.11












In preparation for Easter, Logan and I spent a good portion of this afternoon dying Easter eggs. I love, love, love this Spring tradition. Every year Logan is getting more capable, and dying eggs was definitely something he was ready to tackle all on his own. So, after I boiled our dozen {without cracking any this year, woohoo} and then let them cool, we got out our standard Paas dye kit and our vinegar and had at it. This year Logan was really into making the colors and he did a great job trying to be ever so careful dropping in the eggs. In fact we made it through the entire dying process with all eggs intact; it was only after they were dyed and dried and Logan tried to put on some stickers that we lost one of our eggs! At which point, Logan and I {mostly me} promptly ate it! :o) It was a great afternoon. The Easter Bunny would be proud. Life is good.

No comments: