Mother's Day 5.8.11

Shane and Logan with some "friends."
For Mom's gift this year, I bought her the movie "Eat, Pray, Love". Then I gave her 3 more gifts, 1 for each word of the movie. For "Eat" I gave her Dove Dark Chocolates. For "Pray" I gave her scratch and win lotto tickets. For "Love" I gave her some scrapbook supplies. It was very fun to put together and I think she really got a kick out of it.


Kim is such a wonderful mom to Shane.


Mom and her kids...eventhough we're all in our 30's, we're still kids, right?


The reason this day means so much to me!




For Mother's Day this year, Dad, Mom, Jeff, Kim, Shane, Mike, Logan, and I all met for a lovely lunch at a local resturant we all like. While we ate and visited and laughed and reminisced and got free dessert (woohoo), I realized how amazingly lucky I am. I'm so lucky to have grown up with the mom that I had. She taught me by example how to compromise, how to stay cool in a crisis, how to love your children unconditionally, and how there's nothing a little hard work can't accomplish. I'm also so lucky to be Logan's mom. I get teary even thinking about trying to sum up how full my heart is with love for this little guy. Everyday I try so hard to do my best by him and just when I think how much I'm teaching him, I realize just how much more he's teaching me. We had a beautiful afternoon. After lunch, we walked around the plaza checking out the arts and craft booths that were there. Then it was off to the beach. Now, it's not like we were sunbathing or anything, but growing up in the Northwest you learn that any weather is beach weather. There really is something I love being bundled up on the beach with the wind blowing off the water and feeling really cold, but not wanting to leave at the same time. Fantastic! {For about an hour anyway, then we all called it quits.} It was a wonderful Mother's Day. One I'll cherish for a long time to come. Life is good when you're a mom!

No comments: