Fourth of July (Obvious date, yeah?)

The traditional in front of the flag picture!
Logs ready for the parade...this year he was very into collecting the candy!

Grama Jo-Jo and my bff Karen

My best girls and their beautiful children...what a crew.

This year the kids flocked to this tree for some reason and had a grand time.


Oh sweet, sweet Fourth of July. It never amazes how great of a time I have when I head out to my dear friend's place every Fourth of July. It never gets old. I never tire of the wonderful company, more family then friends. There's always something fun to do, whether it's going down the non-death (you guys know what I'm talking about) stairs to the beach, taking a boat ride, blowing bubbles, finding crabs, killing crabs, eating crabs, playing in trees, or doing an art project (this is, after all Karen and Jolene we're talking about!) This year was no exception. Wonderful weather, great friends, excellent food, a killer parade, and a good time had by all. You surrogate family of mine, I love ya and I can't tell you enough how much it means to me every year to be included in this family tradition, and to have Logan growing up knowing this is what we do on the Fourth of July. It's our family tradition too!! Life is good in a free land!

No comments: